Monday, June 4, 2012

Cloudy, Muggy with a Chance of Rain

Oh my, Summer is here. When I got up this morning at 5 it was still 75 degrees at our house.

Ugh!!!

I don't do hot. Hot is not good for me.I get grumpy.

There is a lot about summer that I like. Let me think about it for a little while and I can come up with a lot of
things to like.

UMMM? I know! Birds. We have Robins, Sparrows, Humming Birds, Dove, Quail, Cardinals, Blue Jays, and we even have a few Mocking Birds.

The most fun to watch are the Humming Birds. They are very territorial about their food. One of ours can't get enough to eat because he's always chasing the others away from the feeder.

And then we have the deer that come into the garden and eat everything. We really haven't had a garden for 2 years because they eat it all. There is a way to keep deer out of your garden.  Put hair around the perimeter of the area. They won't come in.

I just keep forgetting to ask my beautician to keep the hair clippings for me. What would I say? "Melissa could I come and get all those hairs from you? I need to keep the deer out of the garden." She'd probably call the guys in the white suits.

What else?

The early morning sun coming up. I know that the sun comes up everyday. I just kinda like it when the sun comes up around 6 to 6.30 so I can sit and have my coffee and watch the clouds change colors.

Ain't God good to us.

More later, Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment