Sunday, June 3, 2012

Arcadia and the Big red barn


I can't figure out how to get the pictures from my phone to the blog.  But  I did take some pictures from the camera as we were going into Arcadia.  Beautiful ride from OKC to Arcadia.  And that lake dam is gorgeous.  We will be going back to explore that.

This picture is just as we were going into Arcadia. Keith and Lynn in the lead, Larry and Carla in the middle and Diane and Chuck in the back.  I really like to ride, but driving is the next best thing.




Left to right---Me, Lynn, Diane and Carla all with out chosen sodas. Lynn and I both got a Capone brand.
She got the Root Beer and I got the Ginger Beer. So good.


The big red barn. Right next to the hiway. They just got finished painting and roofing the building. Lots of traffic as you can see. The bottom floor is a gift shop and museum combined. Really interesting things.
Arcadia is the only round barn anywhere on the old Mother Road---Route 66 from Santa Monica CA to Chicago IL. Chuck has his back to the camera. The guy on the horse was an eyeful but I don't have a zoom lense.


Another picture of the barn. It's over 100 years old. The engineering to make a round building 100 years ago---no wonder America is great.

More later, Linda

2 comments:

  1. So excited to have another person that I know that blogs. Glad you were able to figure out how to get the pictures on the blog. We will have to discuss bloggin and I-phone again real soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did figure it out. I will probably be the last one. I still have to get the apps on my phone.

    ReplyDelete