Thursday, December 23, 2021

Still in the Middle of things

 There I was by myself and those four boys had just told me ---- this is OUR fort, go home.


I stood there thinking I had as much right to be there as they did to be there. I decided I was going to stay. Then I became the target. Pieces of concrete flew by my head. Some of them hit the front of me. I got scared and ran home crying. Phil heard me crying and that's when we went back. Phil put a real hurt on those guys. Dad had taught Phil how to box so I'm sure did more that just talk to them. There we were -- Phil, four boys and me -- and then the MEN showed up. After Phil talked to the men we had to go home. I never saw those boys again. I must say that was a good thing.

Phil to the rescue.

The next day, mom was cleaning out the fish pond. As I have said before -- I was a nosey little person. The ways of the fish and how the water ran through and around the pond, how it got up to the waterfall -- it fascinated me. I figured the best way to find out was to get into the water and follow the flow of the water and the fish. Made sense to me. WRONG!

In I went. I got about half way around before something started nibbling me. The closer I got to the other side of the waterfall the more it stung. I heard mom call my name. I could tell from the tone of her voice that I was not supposed to be in the fish pond. Oh man, I'd done it again.

My curiosity had gotten me in trouble again. I found that you don't walk in water that is close to electricity. If the wire get frayed even a little it can shock you. It fascinated me that the fish weren't nibbling me it was the electricity. I also learned that the electricity was needed to make the water go back up the waterfall, so that it could come down again. The things you can learn when you ask a questions--or ramble around until you fine out something new.

Well, I never did that again; nor was I allowed to help finish cleaning that waterfall.

Some more houses. No one to talk to.

It was --just me. I was having to learn to depend on myself.


More Tomorrow

LINDA 

No comments:

Post a Comment