Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Foggy Today

 Today we had 100% fog when I got up. I for one don't like fog and here is why. One morning as I was going out the door to take the kids to school and me to a different school to work, I count not see to the street because the fog was so thick. Well I had to go because the schools were calling my name. Backing out of the driveway I realized that I had gone too far and wound up in the ditch--thankfully the ditch was not very deep or full of water--but there was a post holding up the fence and guess who bumped the post.  You got it--I did. A small scratch and my name was mud!. But we got to our schools right on time.

More about Jerry and me. 

Probably the schools you went to numbered, five. I went to twenty-six schools, and found something to like about al of them. I don't remember them all these days, I just remember that number. I do remember at one move the new class was seventh grade and not Junior High. Talk about a situation. It made me feel like I had done something wrong and had to go to baby school again. That was because the one I had left was in an Oklahoma Junior High school. We had to change classrooms to get to the next lessons. This new school, we stayed in the same room all day. Baby stuff. But the teacher was so good. Mrs. Waller was her name and she made us feel and think like adults. It was a good year. I don't remember many names of teacher or school and that's understandable because there was a boatload of schools and teachers. 

I married at eighteen and had our first child at nineteen and my second at twenty-one. This same person became a woman who lived lived in two different countries on tow different continents for a total of twelve years, six years in England and the same in Tunisia North Africa which gave me a wide spectrum of things to do and a realization that people are just people and all of us have our own different culture.

How did all this become me? How does it combine itself into the confident person who takes care of Jerry during his good days and his bad? It's been an awesome seventy-five years.

This book was started July 10, 2017, it was only a month later that e passed from this world into the light.


Now we begin with how it happened.  


Stay Calm-Have Courage

LINDA

        

No comments:

Post a Comment