Friday, August 10, 2012

Sleep Study

Jerry is having a sleep study even as I type. I had 3 before they got the right machine for me. I knew that it took a long time to get you all hooked up to the machinery, but we got there at 8.30 and it is now 10pm. 

Oh yes, I forgot.  The phone call. Jerry asked me to call when I got home.

Have you EVER tried to call after hours to a hospital?

Don't

EVEN

try.

It took me 10 minutes to finally get the man who answered the phone to realize I needed to talk to a PERSON!!!
 I kept being pushed through to a machine that asked what did I want the Cardiac , Sleep Study group or something like that. No I need a person. After the fourth time--which makes it the fifth call to the hospital I finally told him I need to talk to a PERSON if it;s not too much trouble.

After all as a Southern white haired old LADY, you have to remember your manners. Or do you?

That's what's wrong with society today. We all think it''s OK to talk to a machine!! Sometimes it is, but sometimes it is down right NOT what you want to talk to.

Kinda reminds me of the TERMINATOR and John O'Connor and ARNOLD.

The Rise of the Machines.....Not much fun when someone asks you to call and tell them you got home safe and all you get is a man who keeps putting you through to a MACHINE!!!

Sarah isn't the only one who gets po'd!!!

Enough said for tonight. I will finish this tomorrow.

The nurse called this morning at 5.15. She asked if she had told me he would be up at 5.

Of course NOT. They told me when he registered he would be up at 6. Thank God I was up at 4.45. I had made coffee, brushed my teeth and was getting dressed when they called.

He was waiting outside when I got to the hospital.

Now all we have to do is wait!!!

More about this later, Linda

1 comment:

  1. I don't understand any of the hospitals anymore. Seems like we are going backwards, but I think we are doing that anyway. Used to a person got "customer service", but that is almost a thing of the past. Since I have a business that I have run for over 30 yrs. I have always prided myself in "customer service" cause that is the only thing that sets me apart from any other business. I think the companies are really missing that anymore. I too just go crazy with all this technology. It is good if it is used correctly. Crazy world we live in.
    :)

    ReplyDelete