Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pancakes with PICS!!!

I have had a lot of comment on my pancakes. This morning I made some because Jerry was hungry and Dave was here.
Here we go-----

Flour  1 cup
Sugar 1 tablespoon
Salt 1/2 teaspoon

Then we add the cinnamon--to your taste. That's about 1/2 teaspoon.
Egg only 1 per cup of flour
Milk about a cup and a half. Stir until just mixed. Lumps are OK.

Put the batter in the pan and cook until there are bubbles all over the top and then check to see if there is brown on the underneath.  That's what my dad told me when he taught me how to cook pancakes. This one is not near ready.

About half done. Got some bubbles but it's still too shiny on the top. At this stage you heat the syrup!! That's the only way to go. It brings out the flavor oh me oh my. YUMM!!!


Not much shine, lots of bubble holes and it's brown on the bottom. Time to flip. One thing I want everyone to know is I do NOT flip in the pan. I use a big flipper.

Leave the pancake in the pan until it quits sizzling!! Take out of pan,  put on hot plate, cover with butter and put into the microwave to keep warm.

Serve with love, Linda



 

No comments:

Post a Comment