Thursday, August 2, 2012

More about the NAKED lady

I can't figure out WHY the naked lady bloomed so early. Usually they come up in late September to mid October. That's a wonderful time of the year to get some color in our yard. And then we have some red ones come up close to the fence. They bloom and then the leaves come up about 3 weeks later.And then they STAY green even during snow.

Today is August 2nd. It's 11.40 in the morning and it's already 103 degrees.

So WHY are the naked ladies coming up; well, it's not all of them, it's just ONE.

But that stalk is gonna have more blooms on it. Aren't they pretty? I just love to see them all in bloom. I just wonder if that little bit of moisture they have gotten from the sprinkler is what's making them grow so early.



No shoots there!!

And no shoots here!! Usually when one comes up the others peep their heads out into the sunshine too.

Here's the sprinkler. So it IS big enough for the over spray to get to the ladies, EXCEPT the ladies are south of the sprinkler. This time of year the wind ALWAYS blows from the south so the over spray will go north.


So that's not the reason.

And since it's still a mystery, I took pictures of all my other flowers. These, believe it or not, are geranium. There are also some red ones in the pot. My mom loved red geranium.



And this is moss rose. When we lived in Eagle Rock, a suburb of LA, we had this growing up the incline to the house.

The strands were so thick we used them for a rope to climb up so we didn't have to go to the stairs.

I don't know what this is. A friend gave this to me. It is a really beautiful green

I don't know what this is either, but I kept the name tag so I can get some more next year.
I love flowers. I just think that make the house more friendly.

As you can see again, it's 103 outside and only 11.40.!!!! Tomorrow-----tomorrow---will be a better day.

And now I sound like Scarlett.
If you know who Scarlett is, make a commen, leave your email so I can send you something  if you get it right!!!
More Later, Linda


1 comment: