Monday, August 26, 2013

Yesterday in Australia

Yesterday I saw the Lane family in Australia as they had a memorial for their Christopher. I have to admire the poise and the endurance of the mother and father as they stood in front of the paparazzi and told--again---about their son.

Could I have done this? NOT!!

Do I want to be in the lime light like that? NEVER!!!

Do I admire them for how gracious they are to be so open to the world about the murder of their son?

YES!!

And the men who did the shooting are sitting in jail--no bonding out for them. They will probably never see their families again without bars surrounding them.

They better hope and pray that they don't run into some other inmate who has ties to Australia.

And then I think of the parents of these young men. And the brothers and sisters of these men. And the grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins.

It was not just the life of Christopher that changed.

It was everyone in his circle.

And everyone in the circle of those three.

What a waste---just because of boredom!!

More later, Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment