Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Yesterday I was not SAD!!

My daughter sent me a text yesterday and reminded me that it was going to be cloudy.  She was right. And to also make sure that I had lights on in the house.

Now when I grew up, back in the days when the dinosaurs roamed the earth, we didn't---did not--that's DID NOT turn on lights in the daytime. I don't care how cloudy it was outside or how foggy or how smoggy--no lights until the sun went down. Whenever that was -- if you knew when it happened.

So, I was just doing what I had learned.

But then we lived in England for 6 years and it's dark there. It doesn't even get daylight until 9 or even 10 in the morning in December and January.

I should have known, BUT

We are all what we learned as a child I guess.

I am not opposed to learning new concepts--so they lights were on yesterday and will be again today.

It's raining!!

We really need it. If we don't have enough rain to fill up the pond I don't know if the fish will live much longer.

Now the turtles are a different story.

More later, Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment