Monday, October 14, 2013

It's raining today!!!

We have been needing a good long rain and today looks like it is gonna do it. We have a pond - or tank depending in what part of the world you live - and it is almost dry. There are catfish in that pond that are about 35 to 40 pounds. We used to feed them. Now it's too far into the mud to even get to the water.

Come on rain and fill in that pond!!!

It's supposed to rain tomorrow also. I know you are probably wondering what I am doing going on and on about the rain.

Well, here it is. My husband is a TEXAN!! And is he proud of it. By the way the boys from Texas won that football game Saturday -- big time. Good on you!!! I digress.

Back to my Jerry. He was born and raised in a little town south of Dallas about 60 miles. It was small until Bonnie and Clyde showed up. And the first oil field was discovered in Texas, and Wolf Brand Chili started making chili by the case. And then there is the world famous fruitcake!!

So now he comes from a famous place on the road from Dallas to Houston. But he still has this thing about weather. Well, actually everyone I ever met who was born and raised in Texas does this.

Dial the phone to call ANYONE and this is the conversation from their house----Hey there! How's it going?? What's the weather like??? ---no joke- that's the way it goes. Well, I've lived with a Texan for 53 years and NOW I do the same.

Hello---how are you---how's the weather?

It's almost like a virus!!

But it's cute coming from him.

More later, Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment