Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Our Dave

Many years ago when we lived in Great Yarmouth England, I had a gypsy tell me about my family.

Your husband--she said--likes to invite people into your home and then tell you about them coming for a meal.

Spot ON with that!!

You have two children--she said-- a girl and then a boy.

Right again

She said--Your daughter will never give you any trouble. But your son is like a rogue elephant that can't settle down. He will try to run over everyone and everything until he gets older and then he will settle and be the man he should be.

Right again!!

Lynn is a joy to be around. When she was younger I thought she would always be shy.

Not on your Nellie!!

She takes up for herself. I am so proud of her.

Dave was always wanting things to go HIS way.

But then his dad is a lot like that, so I didn't think anything about it.

UNTIL the gypsy!

He had to go though a lot to get to where he is. And now I can truthfully say, I am proud of the man he is.

So all you parents out there with a rogue elephant in your sons room, take heart and know that if you train them right, they WILL come back to their training.

More later, Linda
 

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful words from a wonderful lady!!! May 2013 be the best year for you and your family. So glad I met you and consider you a friend of all friends. :)

    ReplyDelete