Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day

Today is Father's Day!  My dad passed in1990. I know this is natural but some things just make us teary eyed. 

 My dad loved baseball. In fact he was announcer for the LAAngels that eventually became the California Angels. And in the summer months we would go with him to games--and sit in the press box. Right behind home plate. 

So when we took Nonie to see the Texas Rangers play it threw me off because we were at first base 10 rows up. Then it hit me. The last time I had been to a game I sat in the press box. There's a lot of difference from behind home plate and looking at first base. 

Nonie loved baseball. She played one summer. Jerry and I went once to watch her. It was right after dad passed. It brought tears to my eyes because I knew he would have enjoyed watching her and would never get the chance. 

I don't know if I ever made another game of hers. And that's not good. But I know that we have a good relationship as Nana and Nonie. 

Later,Linda 

No comments:

Post a Comment