Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Giving up or Giving in?

Sometimes in life we have to let go of things that mean a lot to us. Sometimes we do this because it is the right thing to do. Or so we think.

Do we give up what is in it's essence something that fills our soul with joy? Or do we only give up those things that don't really mean anything to us.

So, What's the difference.

I made a decision today to give up something that fills me with wonder and excitement. joy and peace, love and understanding. Because it is the right thing to do. I feel good about my decision.

Does that mean that I won't feel those tugging's of the heart that call me to go. The longing to be where I can't be will fill me with sorrow and tears. It is the honorable thing to do.

Would I feel the same way if I didn't really care about going or staying?

I don't think so. I would have a sense of being let down, but not the gut wrenching feeling that I have now.

It is the right thing to do.

More later, Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment