Monday, June 30, 2014

I'm definately hooked!!!

For years I have heard about how good fresh herbs are in a dish. I've had cooking shows tell me I needed to grow my own.

Well, I got some about 5 years ago to grow. I watered and I watered and they died. Flat out turned yellow and died.

So I asked Andrew and Holly and Holly told me they didn't water their herbs until they started to look wilty in the pot.

I went to the store and got some more. I let them get wilty.

They DIED!!!

Two years later we get a new nursery in town---well not a new one they just relocated and expanded at the same time.

Lynn and Keith came and got us and we went to the Grand Opening of the shop. I got two kinds of basil, some parsley, some cilantro seeds and some rosemary.

They are just so happy in their pots. I did over water the parsley, but poured that water out and its growing again!

Everyday I go outside and take a leaf off both kinds of basil, a little parsley, couple of rosemary leaves and some cilantro.

That combination is good for the colon. If you know what I mean. Ahem!!

The Rosemary, Hot Basil, and parsley and to the left is the radishes.

 This is the sweet Basil.  It smells soooo good!
 On the porch in the terracotta pots is the Cilantro. I have never tasted cilantro straight off the stalk. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh. so good!!


 And this last is in honor of my mom. She's been gone now 62 years. But I still remember the red Geraniums on the stairs every year. And she loved iced coffee.


I now drink iced coffee and remember the fun things that we would do.

More about that later, Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment