Friday, May 24, 2013

Snacks--that's what it is!!

Last night I was needing a snack for my friends. So I got busy and made some cheesy bread.

Now I had used the Pioneer Woman's recipe--and it's good--I just like the Spanish flavors better.

So I improvised. As per usual for me. I figure that a recipe is just the beginning of the adventure.

I grated about a third of the cheddar cheese and then the same amount of the Swiss. Then again with the cheddar and then again with the Swiss.

Actually, I just wanted the cheeses to be really mixed so I thought that might work and it did!!

Cheese was mixed when I took the grater off the pile of cheese.

Then I added some butter--don't ask, I just put some in with the cheese. So that wasn't creamy enough so I put in some mayonnaise.

For flavor I added a small can of mild green chilies chopped, juice and all, and some garlic. I didn't add any salt as the cheese has enough for me. The mayo made it easy to spread and the butter kept it together as I put it on the bread.

I put it in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes and this is what's left.

It was even good this morning COLD!!!

More later, Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment