Saturday, March 23, 2013

Thinking is dangerous!!

I have a friend who is a therapist. She says that I have loosed association. I say NOT!!!

I just have this thing in my brain that takes me from one subject to another. That's not necessarily a bad thing. At least, that's what I say!!

Like right now I am thinking --WHAT am I gonna talk about today? AND I'm thinking about the cold weather, the herbs I want to plant, The MK I need to do.Lots of thoughts going through my mind all at ONE time.

When I have a conversation I go from one subject to another. It's just how my mind works.

So, let's let that old brain Work.

It's cold today. Here it is noon, I'm cooking hamburgers for a hot lunch, it's March 22, and it's only 45 degrees out there. That's unheard of.

Another, UNHEARD of, is the COMPLETE coverage on TV of March Madness. I like basketball---I just don't see any sense in having games on during the day because those people who REALLY LOVE basketball are working. NOT a smart move on the networks that are preempting other programming for 1000 basketball games.

Tonight we are watching movies. Old ones, new ones, ones that we have seen A LOT!!!

I LOVE movies. When you grown up in LA, you love movies. I remember when we used to go to Grumman's Chinese Theater to see something new. We would go to this really nice Chinese restaurant.

Well, one time I asked for some soup like the people next to us had. When Dad told me what it was---after the bowl of soup was in front of me. I said VERY loudly----BIRD'S NEST!!!! This is made out of bird's nests?????  I'm not eating that!!!

Well I had already eaten half of the soup and my dad said to me, "You must like it or you wouldn't have eaten what you did. It's not any different now that you know what's in it."

Made sense to me.  I got the point and from then on I judge my food by the taste and not the contents. 

Even when we were in Africa and we went to a friend's house for dinner and they served us some little animals stomachs stuffed with -- I don't have a clue -- and it didn't even make me sick. Good stuff.

Had frogs legs, escargot, artichoke, and scrapple. I even had Mountain Oysters ONCE!! Never again.!! did not sit well with me at all.

Like I said my mind wanders, but everything all fits together.

More later, Linda

 

No comments:

Post a Comment