Friday, February 1, 2013

Volunteering!!!

I seem to be a person who is always volunteering for SOMETHING!

I was the mom who was ALWAYS at the school -- helping with something.

I was a volunteer at the hospital.

I was the Girl Scout mom--let the brownies, worked with the cookie drive, took the girls to the summer camp.

All that-- and more.

When Lynn and Dave were in Junior High and High school, I was the mom who took all the kids to practice. All the girls to their practice. And anything else that they thought to do.

I was cheerleader mom for a year AND made their costumes.

I enjoyed every minute!

So, it was really not a surprise when Lynn called me one day," Mom, are you busy?"

I knew something was up!!

It didn't take long for her to tell me about my next volunteering event!!

At our Church this past October, we had a Jesus House walk through thing.

There were six rooms, each with a different scene. It told the story of  3 teens. Some of it even made me cry, and shrink into myself. It was AWESOME!!

Anyway, I digress, had volunteered to do the first room -- because her mom could paint murals. 

I finally remembered that the last one I had done was 15 years ago. I was a lot younger.

October of 2012 was HOT. So I had just a little time each day to paint.

I want to thank Lynn Dakour, Dave Gowan, Lynn Smith, Keith Smith and my wonderful husband for helping me. I couldn't have done it without all of you.

This is what I painted---from the East to the West.


Sorta crooked pictures!! I was too excited. I love doing things like this!!


 

Do I put in the grass in the foreground. I did a little grass.

The lady in the house behind us came out side to look us over!! OOPS! I forgot about all the perverts that take pictures of schools. YUCK--OO! Had to spend some time calming down her worries.!

The main entrance and the focal point of the painting!

More detail!

I dcided to end here at the west of the picture.

When we finished, We had a seven foot tall and 40 foot long painting.

BIG!!

Thanks to my training I was able to get the perspective pretty good. The kids from Duncan High thought it was good. That's high praise. And it all goes to God!!



More later, Linda


 

No comments:

Post a Comment