Sunday, April 14, 2013

Today is our ANNIVERSARY!!!

Fifty three years ago we got married. I am NOT going to make any of those jokes about marriage
like "We've been married 53 years and 10 of those were happy" .

We've had our arguments and disappointments like everyone has in life, but we have worked through them and that is the main thing!

So, to all of you just a few pieces of advice.

Ladies, as Red Moore told me, we do have to submit ourselves to our husbands--that's in the Bible--but we don't have to be the doormat!

Men, you have to remember that women are illogical---to you---WE know what we mean. Just go with it.

Jerry's logic is to wax the bathtub.  REALLY!!

Yes, AND the bottom.

It was slick! And the last time he waxed the bottom of the tub. It didn't take him long to realize that the bottom of the tub really SHOULDN'T be waxed. Especially when we found the bath mat floating in the water.

It took him a while to figure out how to get the wax out of the bottom of that tub!!

On the other hand, I have been know to do my share of slightly crazy things. Like the time I was following the weight watchers recipe for tuna casserole with pineapple.

GROSS!!!

I even got up and threw it out. And then there was that recipe out in Farmington NM. I don't know what it was but after I threw the food in the disposer, I tore that recipe OUT of the cookbook.

YUCK!!!

And Jerry really DOES like to eat.

When the kids were little and he lost down to 145, I cooked four meals a day---right now I am down to 3.

I thank God I like to cook.

Anyway, this is my way of saying that I have had a wonderful 53 years and will be truly thankful for the remaining ones.

More Later Linda

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary you guys....You are very lucky to have been married to each other that long. Congrat!!! :)

    ReplyDelete