Monday, December 30, 2013

Cooking!!

As I have said before I love to cook. I love to smell the onions and the garlic and the sage and the oregano.

The feel of the chef's knife cutting through the onions and the tomatoes.

HEAVEN!!!

And to think about what to do with the baking. I can invent all SORTS of ways to make a pound cake.  Like chocolate, and Cherry, and Peach and vanilla.. YUMMOOOOO!

So now I am going to the Mediterranean way of eating. I don't like to call it a diet -- because that is ssssssssoooooooooooooooooooo discouraging!!

But to change the way a person cooks its altogether a different  beast.

I can use more fresh veggies -- if my husband will eat them.  I can use the olive oil -- he likes that. I can make a bruschetta that he will like -- no anchovies!!

And I can make a sauce that is to die for!!

As for desserts. Well, that is another proposition.

Jerry likes pie. Make that two kinds of pie.

HOT

 and

COLD!!!

Not Mediterranean !!

So I will do a lot of Cajun style Mediterranean style cooking because he will like that.

I know I should be a more modern woman and in a lot of ways I am, but when it comes to cooking I want to please my honey. And the kids and the grandkids. And anyone else who comes to eat at our house.

Love to cook!!

It makes for a happy home.

More Later, Linda




































No comments:

Post a Comment