Saturday, July 13, 2019

NanaBanana News----Gym!

I might not like this next week.  Well, to tell the truth I know I will not think that cardio and chest exercise is something that I REALY want to do. I've always been active just not in the gym. When we lives in England I carried the six bags of groceries to the car twice a week. I ran up the stairs and down the stairs without falling.

Now, not so much running -- mostly sitting on my bum and reading, knitting, crocheting, or thinking about the next painting that is almost ready to be taken to the studio to be painted.

My husband had dementia that turned into Alzheimer's, and for six years or something like that I spent all my time preparing food, getting drinks, milk shakes, meds, bathing him and all the other things that have to be done by the family caregiver.

I am so glad that I had those last few months with him. He had digressed back into a two year old, but he smiled a lot and I sat and watched him a lot. He got his days and nights mixed up. 

And because I didn't climb the stairs to the upstairs rooms five or six times a day, or run out to the garage, or stand while I canned vegetables. I lost a goodly amount of muscle.

Hence the time at the guy. It took me two years to get enough strength to even think about stepping foot into a gym. The one I'm going to has trainers there that will help me. I don't really want to have huge arms and legs. I just want to be not so jiggley. You ladies know what I mean. Think--the underarms that flap and almost hit you in the nose. The blobs that swish against each other as we walk. Or have the "no breath" syndrome from bringing in the groceries so I can put them away.
In other words I want a body that looks good and can take care of business without having to take a nap every afternoon.

I will keep you advised.

More later, Nana

No comments:

Post a Comment