Wednesday, September 11, 2019

NanaNews

One of the things I like about blogging is that I can write things that I want to. I can stretch the fun a little and still enjoy the day.

Today we are going back to LA when I was 6 maybe.....



     Another thing I learned during that time in Eagle Rock changed my life forever.
     A little way from our home a man kept turtles. Huge turtles, with big humps. A small child could ride on one of those beautiful beasts. One day I was watching the mom and the baby turtles. The male was off by himself. A guy, a grown-up guy, came out of the house with melons and tomatoes, celery and carrots. The turtles lifted their heads and slowly came over to the fruits and veggies. They opened their big mouths and began tearing the food into smaller parts. Eating as they tore the food apart. The guy came over and told me a lot about the turtles. Galapagos turtles, he told me. Even in those days they were becoming scarce. The male had gotten a cracked shell and he was taking care of that turtle so his shell would heal and the turtle didn’t get an infection. He asked me not to ride him as it was not completely healed. Never did ride that turtle, but I got to put out the food if I got there in time.
     One day there was two girls around my age watching those turtles. I saw them trying to ride the male one day. Now, that man had told me about the crack in that turtle’s shell. I didn’t know anything about them, but it did not feel right to just stand there and let them hurt Mr. Turtle. I got up the gumption to tell them that they were hurting that turtle and they laughed at me and went home.
     It still bothers me when I see anyone harming another person or animals. God just gave me a heart for taking care of people and animals who need help. I am so blessed that He did, as I knew what to do for Jerry. I would know when he needed to go the doctor and when to wait.
     Sometime later we, those girls and I, happened to walk home from school together. They asked me to come back and play with them the next day. They did some very strange things. but I kept on playing with them. I don’t know why, maybe I was just trying to figure out why they were so strange. I just wasn’t used to having girlfriends, maybe that was why--
Until…...
one day after school, mom sat me down and told me those girls were not nice and she didn’t want me to play with them anymore. She didn’t act mad, just very firm. I paid attention because my mom was never firm about anything unless she meant it.
     I started coming home a different way. Up the side of the mountain and through a few yards. I didn’t see them for a long time and then one day there they were in that tree across from the turtle’s yard. They called to me to come and climb the tree, so they could tell me some wonderful news. Why did I do that? I had no idea, but the I do know now. The first thing that came into my mind was, from that tree I could see our backyard and if mom came out, I could get down really quick. There was something or some reason for climbing that tree. Second reason, they were so changed. They were happy, happy, Happy. The bad words were gone and replaced with much better language. I had to find out what caused that because then mom might let me play with them.
     Also, their faces glowed with happiness and contentment. Completely changed. Beautiful twinkling eyes.
     We’ve found Jesus—they said.  
     Who is Jesus? —I asked,         
     They told me about Jesus being the Son of God. How He loves us. Both speaking at the same time.
     Their words flowing like water.
     Then I heard that I could have the wonderful life that Jesus has for all of us, and we could be sisters in JESUS.
     After seeing how happy they were now—so different than before, of course, I wanted that too.
     And it was right there in that tree I asked Jesus to take me into His family. To take me and make me His. I could feel the difference in me even at the age of six. I felt enthused, clean but most of all loved and not alone anymore.


More Tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment