Wednesday, September 11, 2019

9/11

Need I say more.

I remember that day just as most of us do. I remember where Jerry and I were when we learned about the horrendous attack on innocent people.
What do you remember?

We had been to Jerry's mom's house for a reunion with a preacher friend of ours that had come to visit with Louise and RT--and be thealso  preacher at the revival the church had once a year.

The revival was only four days, I can listen to Bill White for more days than that. He's on YouTube if you want to hear some good sermons.

Anyway, He was getting ready to go back to Florida. We were packed and ready to go. Bill got a phone call. The look on his face was --- I don't know how to explain it.  He wasn't scared, he wasn't overcome with grief, nor was he laughing. I guess you could say he was ready to get home--but in a hurry.

We left, as we had a four hour trip to Duncan. An little time with the kids and grand kids and then another 16 hours to Farmington.

When we got to Dallas on I20, every car and every truck were going no more than 40 miles and hour instead of the usual 80 to 90.

We both thought that there had been a wreck up the road. That did'n show up. I asked Jerry if he thought we had encountered the beginning of the tribulation and we didn't get taken to Heaven.

Then I turned on the radio to WBAP. And the second tower went down.

It took us more than four hours to get back to Oklahoma.

I had seen the carnage done to the Murrah building in Oklahoma City. I don't want to see that again.

This is AMERICA and we will stay that way






No comments:

Post a Comment