Monday, December 13, 2021

Why I've Been off the Blog so long


I don't even remember what was the last time I got on the computer to talk to you all. I am sorry about that, but a lot has been going on at my house. 

First thing is that I wrote a book about my husband and Alzheimer's, and there was a lot to cry through and a lot more to just think about. As I wrote a chapter I realized that all the time I wrote I began to understand all the things I went through as a child, as a new mom and an ex-pat in England and also North Africa, God was preparing me to be able to care for Jerry until the last twenty one days he was at home. The kids and I were really thankful for how things went--even though we cried a lot and prayed a lot and finally accepted that he really had Alzheimer's.

Its been four years, and some times I get teary eyed but that's because I still sometimes think I could have done more, cooked different food, gotten into the shower with him so I could wash his hair. But I can't change anything, I can just remember our lives from the age of fifteen to age seventy six. 

There is time for me to say a little of what I wrote and if you have questions or just need to talk leave a note. 


Jerry, Alzheimer's and Me

Because of this adventure Jerry and I are on, I have found out that what I learned and went through as a child made into who I am now. As a child I was bold, but only around my family. To tell anyone but family that I needed something or want anything, was a non-happening. Forget it. I was the little girl who was always in her own as I was always the new kid on the block. The little girl who was shy, too shy to do anything but find some clay and make a tea pot, plates, cups and saucers so I could have a party with Sally my doll. I was the little girl ho would tell stories during recess because the other kids liked to hear them, it made them happy. They never acted like they knew that most it was just made up. I was the same little girl who when screaming down the street because her mom had passed and she didn't even know mom was that sick.     


More Tomorrow

LINDA

No comments:

Post a Comment