Sunday, January 13, 2019

It's Been a Long Time

It has been way too many months since I wrote anything, except the book. My husband passed on August 5, 2017, and since then I have been correlating and writing a book about how God prepared me to be his caregiver when he got the dementia.

 I know that some of you will not understand that, and that's ok as this blog is about my life.

Jerry was a farm kid. Always lived in the same community. He had 12 kids he went to school with from the first grade until they all graduated High school.
I envied him that, because I went to 26 schools and remember just a few of the people that I went to school and if it weren't for Facebook I would know nothing of them still.

I got the book finished just last Monday . It was as if a boulder had come off my shoulders. I typed what He told me too and I know it's what needed to be said.

On the first page...
Because of this adventure, Jerry and I are on, I have found out that what I learned and went through as a child made me into who I am now.

Another couple paragraphs and this...
How did all this become me? How does it combine itself into the confident person who takes care of Jerry during his good days and bad? It's been an awesome seventy-five years.

There will be more little snippets of the book maybe. If it fits into that days ramblings.

Ramblings like this--Today it is cold. By the middle of the week it's supposed to in the mid 60s. And that's a lot better that 40 and below.

More Later, Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment